I have a few things on my mind lately so I'll come to you happened to have. Ready?
- Have you heard about black rice? Is the last thing! Is hard to find now, but should be better known. It is similar to rice, but a little Chewie. As with the rice, make sure the list of ingredients, "says" all black grain rice. This is a good article outlining what it is.
- The Corn Refiners Association has fructose corn syrup as a "request to the USDA to" change the name of maize with high concentrations of sugar. In an attempt to improve its image, this is a very smart move. corn sugar sounds much more natural. It will probably take years, but just another example of how marketing can be misleading. What is your opinion on this? more here .
- Milk chocolate industry is a source of conflict between parents, administrators, and dairy. The advocates say that chocolate milk with the aroma of milk is the only way to drink for children. By contrast, those who feel it is too high for unnecessary sugar. I would agree with the latter. Children and adults should learn to appreciate the natural taste of food. The consumption of processed foods is more than a preferential price taste too sweet, salty or fatty foods out. drink at the end of dumping of sugar in the milk only for children, not worth it. What do you think?
- Exercise is important for good health and can help you lose weight. We know that burns calories. Help create a deficit of significant weight loss of calories , but a recent study, exercise was also found to regulate appetite and hormonal regulation of hunger and satiety. Research suggests that a sedentary lifestyle can lead to overeating. Probably does not hurt that the exercise including can also put in a healthy position and can lead to healthy food.
- Beware of products that have "a full serving of fruits or vegetables." It is always better to eat whole foods instead of processed, packaged. Have you seen the new fruit roll-ups made with "real fruit"? While fruit juices may use fruit concentrates and are still a lot of sugar. Read here for more examples.
So there you have it! Now you know what is going on in my head:). I like to hear your views on these subjects and how you feel about them.
Emily Fonnesbeck RD, CD